CELTA course in Mexico
• Next course Starts Monday September 8 [ all dates ]
CELTA courses at International House Riviera Maya, Playa del Carmen, on Mexico's idyllic Caribbean coast...
The course, which provides you with the basic skills and knowledge necessary for a career in TEFL/TESOL, is run in collaboration with IH Barcelona, one of Europe's leading training centres for English language teachers.
Arturo Miczyk, Playa del Carmen CELTA course trainee
About the course
The CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) course is the best known teacher training course for English language teachers in the world.
The CELTA provides initial training leading to a Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults, probably the best choice available for an initial ELT (or TEFL/TESOL) qualification. It is intended for those with little or no previous English Language teaching experience and for teachers with some experience but little previous training.
Success in the Certificate has enabled many candidates to obtain their first teaching position: the course is highly regarded by employers as providing sound initial training and a strong basis from which to develop as a teacher of English.
- Learners and teachers and the teaching and learning context
- Language analysis and awareness
- Language skills: reading, listening, speaking and writing
- Planning and resources
- Developing teaching skills and professionalism
- Classroom observation
- Teaching practice
Teaching practice is an integral part of the course. This is organised in small groups of 5-6 trainees with volunteer students at two or three different levels. After each teaching practice session an evaluation of the session is led by a course tutor. Trainees are expected to liaise within their groups outside course hours in order to plan teaching practice classes, according to guidelines provided by course tutors.
Courses are full-time over four weeks [ course dates ] and have a minimum of 120 contact hours, plus a further 80 hours plus for required outside of classtime tasks, including assignments and lesson planning.
The course is very intensive and requires a full-time commitment. Full attendance is very important.
The tutors are approved by Cambridge.
Why THIS training course?
- CELTA is probably the most internationally recognised ELT/TESOL certificate in the world
- Highly qualified, experienced trainers
- Practical approach to methodology
- Extensive supervised teaching practice
- Access to the IH World network of schools
- Job placement advice
- Moderated by Cambridge English Language Assessment
More about CELTA
Further information on the CELTA qualification can be found on the official Cambridge English CELTA site.